Sunday, August 16, 2009

What's for dinner!?

I have never been much of a cook until about 2 years ago. When I was pregnant with Kolton I was hungry, bored, looking for a hobby, etc and started cooking a little bit... I have really grown to love it. When I started I would follow a recipe exactly... now I like to mix it up a little bit. I don't measure and I add what I feel like adding! I am constantly looking for new and fun recipes so if you have any, please send them to me!!!

Here's what we had for dinner last night:

Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
Tortillas ( I used flour tortillas bc Brandon is picky!! You can use corn tortillas too!) I like to make my own tortillas. I think it taste better and it's much cheaper!!


3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
shredded cheese
1 can chopped green chilies
1 small onion chopped
1 can of green chili enchilada sauce
1/4 cup Rotel
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic chopped

Pre-heat oven to 350

Boil chk until it is all the way cooked. I added garlic, salt and pepper to the water for flavor. Let it cool and chop it.

In a bowl, mix enchilada sauce, chicken, chopped green chilies, chopped onion, rotel, garlic, salt and pepper.

Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.

Fill each tortilla with the green chili chicken mixture and and cheese. Roll it and placed in baking pan, seam side down.

Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas and cover with cheese.


Cover and bake until cheese is bubbly. (About 30 minutes)

It's really yummy served with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole!


And... Here is a pic of my little monkey at bed time last night! (He gets real hyper and a little wild right before it is time to go to sleep!) Also, take a look at those chompers!



Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment