Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls... YUM!

I never bake, but I gave it a try and made cinnamon rolls! They turned out great! Here is what I did. (Remember, I don't measure much, I just go with it!)

Dough
1 package of instant dry yeast
1/3 cup of unsalted butter
2 eggs
4 cups flour (I used bread flour)
1 cup butter milk

Filling
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Honey
pinch of salt

Icing
Cream cheese
Powder sugar
1 table spoon vanilla


1. In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of flour and the yeast, set aside. In a sauce pan heat and stir milk, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of butter and salt. (Just until warm and butter is almost melted) Add flour to mixture along with eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. (About 3-4 minutes)

2. Put dough on a floured surface. Knead and add enough flour to make a soft and elastic dough. Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the other side. Cover and let rise for about 2 hours.


3. Punch dough down and put on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rise about 20 minutes.

4. Roll each dough half into a rectangle. (About 12x8) Sprinkle filling over the dough. (Filling: I did not measure, I just spread honey and sprinked lots of cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar and a pinch of salt)



5. Roll up each rectangle starting from the long side. Pinch dough to seal the seams. Slice each rolled rectangle into desired size. Arrange on a greased pan. Cover and let rise for about 1 hour. (They will double in size)






6. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes.

7. Cream Cheese Icing: I did not measure I used about 3 oz. of cream cheese, vanilla mixed with an electric mixer and slowly added powder sugar (about 2 cups) until it tasted good!!




No comments:

Post a Comment