Saturday, November 7, 2009

Photo shoot, picnic, casserole and flowers

I met a great family on Saturday morning! Thank you for being so much fun and trusting me with your precious family pictures!! Here is one picture from the shoot. Nothing is sweeter then a giggly three year old!! More to come very soon!



The weather has been so weird lately! I have to admit, I like it! I was amazed that after the photo shoot my car temp. said 78 degrees.... it's November!!! I decided to pick up Kolt and surprise him with a picnic at the park!





I tried a new recipe for dinner. It was quick and easy. I will be making it again! Here it is:

Chicken Penne Casserole

1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into about1-inch pieces
1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and red pepper
2-3 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese

In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion, peppers and seasonings in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook one more minute.

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, process tomatoes and tomato paste in a blender; add to chicken mixture. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.

Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.

Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.



AND...Brandon surprised me with flowers! He tried to hide them behind his back but Kolt followed him around the house saying, "Wuts dat? Wuts dat?" So cute!! I am so in love with my family! They are the best!



It is Sunday! I am going to spend the entire day being lazy at the house!! How are you going to spend your Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment