Monday, January 4, 2010

New Recipe

I make regular pot pies all the time but Brandon thought I needed to try and change it up a little bit. Here is a recipe I made up as I went. I tried it last night and it was great! *Remember, I don't measure. Sorry!!*

Mexican Pot Pie

Pillsbury Pie Pastry
Ground beef
Taco seasoning
Red kidney beans
Corn
can green chili
Velveeta cheese chopped
Shredded cheese
Onion chopped
Bell pepper chopped
Potato chopped

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

Place pie pastry a pie pan. Place a few slits and cook about 10 minutes or until almost done.

Spread chopped Velveeta on pastry.

Cook chopped potatoes in boiling water until soft. (About 10 minutes)

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. Follow the taco seasoning directions.

Add chopped onion and chopped bell pepper and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add corn and potatoes and cook about 5 more minutes.

Poor beef and veggie mixture over pie crust add shredded cheese and and place remaining pie pastry over the top. Place a few slits in top pastry.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment