Sunday, March 14, 2010

Photgraphing kiddos

As a photographer, and as a parent, I’ve had to learn that great shots come with patience. LOTS of patience. And lots of time and lots of shots which aren’t "the one".

Babies aren’t too cooperative when you want them to do something... and it doesn't always get better with age! You have to let them guide the shoot while it’s just your job to catch what they decide to do.

I tried way to hard to take birthday pictures of Kolt. I dressed Kolt in his new clothes, did his hair (Even brought hair gel with me so I could make sure it looked great! Ya, I'm a crazy mom like that!), bought a bouquet of balloons and we were off to the park.

Well... he loved the balloons at the store and hated them at the park! Go figure. As I was trying to get the shot set up he let go of the balloons, sat on the ground, waved and said in a cute voice, "BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE balloons! Look Mama! BYE BYE!"

What did I do? I jumped up and down to try and catch them! I spent 10 bucks on balloons and they were flying away before my eyes!!! I glanced over at Kolt and he was giggling his head off! I am sure Mommy looked real silly! UHH!

I decided to forget the birthday pics, we will just play with the ducks! And you know what? The pics I took of him running, quacking at the ducks and playing with a stick are some of my favorite pictures!!





No comments:

Post a Comment